Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu began his political career in 2003, when he was appointed a Special Adviser on Corporate Matters to the then deputy governor of Lagos State, Femi Pedro. …
He set up and was the Pioneer Board Chairman of Lagos Security Trust Fund.
Sanwo Olu who has been officially declared the Governor-Elect of Lagos State in the just concluded elections.
Name: Babajide Sanwo-Olu
Date Of Birth: 25th June 1965 / 53 Years Old
State Of Origin: Lagos State
Geopolitical Zone: South West
Occupation: Politician, Businessman.
Here are the 11 other interesting facts you don’t probably know about him.
1. Sanwo-Olu is a native of Lagos state.
2. He obtained a bachelor’s degree from the University of Lagos and also an MBA in surveying from same university.
3. He attended the Kennedy school of Government, USA;the London business school as well as the Lagos business school (LBS).
4. He is married to Dr C. Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu and their union is blessed with 4 children.
5. Babajide is over 53 years of age.
6. He was appointed special adviser on corporate matters by the then Deputy governor, Femi Pedro in 2003.
7. He was appointed commissioner for Commerce and Industry in 2007 during Bola Tinubu Era.
8. He also served as Babatunde Fashola’s commissioner for Establishments, Training and Pension between 2007 and 2015.
9. Sanwo-Olu is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personal Management (CIPM) and fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).
10. Babajide Sanwoolu has received numerous awards which include the symbol of excellence award from the Civic Enlightenment Association of Nigeria, a gold mentor award from the National Association of Nigeria Nurses & Midwives (NANNM), a platinum award from the Lagos state Public Service Club and the 2009 best in Human Capital Development award from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
11. Born into a Christian family from Lagos Island.